Medical SchedulerFirst Shift Monday Friday$16.00/ hourJOB DESCRIPTION Answers all incoming calls; assesses callers’ needs and directs to appropriate personnel. Pages clinic personnel as appropriate. Obtains and...
Hours: 1st shift Monday - Friday
Pay is $17.00
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Is fully versed in surgery scheduling
- Demonstrates an understanding of medical terminology, procedures and diagnosis necessary to perform appropriate scheduling.
- Knowledgeable in coding, able to look up codes specific to diagnosis and scheduled procedure.
- Obtains insurance pre-authorization
- Obtains and enters all authorization and correspondence relating to scheduled surgery in EMR/Physicians calendar, surgical assistant and anesthesia scheduling.
- Communicates to patient what the necessary prep is before surgery.
- Follow up on all pre-operative tests to ensure completed and cleared for surgical procedure and communicates with physician and patients if further testing is required before surgery is performed.
- Schedules post-operative follow-up appointments with the Physician.
- May provide direction and assistants to lower level employees
- Researches and responds to routine, non-routine, and complex situations in a timely and professional manner
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have experience with scheduling surgeries.
- Position requires amedical office work experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Proficiency with computer systems and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) required.
CORESTAFF Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. CORESTAFF Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.