Surgical Scheduler Hours: 1st shift Monday FridayPay is $17.00ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Is fully versed in surgery scheduling Demonstrates an understanding of medical terminology, procedures and diagnosis...
First Shift Monday - Friday
- Answers all incoming calls; assesses callers’ needs and directs to appropriate personnel. Pages clinic personnel as appropriate. Obtains and communicates messages in an accurate and timely manner.
- Schedules new patients, patient referrals and returning patients in computer system in accordance with physician and/or office guidelines. For new and or referred patients, sets up in system with appropriate documentation and coding. Cancels/reschedules appointments according to physician schedule changes; notifies appropriate clinic personnel.
- Obtains and enters all insurance authorization, and correspondence relating to referrals in patients charts and/or electronic medical records (EMR).
- Collects co-pays, deductible and other out of pocket amounts at time of visit.
- Maintains primary office scheduling template containing physician meetings, satellite schedule, rounding and call coverage.
- Arranges for patients to have financial counseling as needed.
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and clinic/practice.
- Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the front office. Covers for other front office functions as requested.
- Prepares correspondence, memos, forms and other typing as requested by supervisor.
- May schedule outpatient appointments/testing/surgeries and hospital admissions upon request. Obtains necessary pre-certification as required.
- May communicate to patient about surgeries or tests being scheduled and potential prep work needed, inquiring about test specifics from necessary parties and gathering patient information as needed
- May be responsible for follow up on all pre-operative tests to ensure cleared for surgical procedure and communicates with physician and patients if further testing is required before surgery is performed.
- May be responsible for scheduling post-operative follow up appointments with Physicians.
- Where applicable, basic understanding of medical terminology for tests and surgical procedures, including coding and ability to look up codes specific to diagnosis, surgery and scheduling procedure.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3 plus years’ experience preferably in a medical office setting.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and coding a plus.
- Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) required.
CORESTAFF Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. CORESTAFF Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.