Surgical Scheduler Hours: 1st shift Monday FridayPay is $17.00ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Is fully versed in surgery scheduling Demonstrates an understanding of medical terminology, procedures and diagnosis...
Scheduler ~ San Antonio, TX
Monday - Friday (8 hour shifts)
3 month position; paying $16.00 - $16.50 per hour. Depending on experience.
Answers all incoming calls; assesses callers needs and directs to appropriate personnel. Pages clinic personnel as appropriate. Obtains and communicates messages in an accurate and timely manner. Schedules new patients and return appointments in computer system in accordance with physician and/or office guidelines. Cancels/reschedules appointments according to physician schedule changes; notifies appropriate clinic personnel.
- Obtains and enters all authorization and correspondence relating to referrals in patients charts and computer.
- Maintains physicians schedule: on call, vacations, meetings, etc.
- Schedules outpatient appointments/testing and hospital admissions upon request. Obtains necessary pre-certification as required.
- Handles new patient referrals, gathers necessary information, assigns the patient account number and schedules appointment.
- Collects co-pays, deductible and other out of pocket amounts at time of visit.
- Maintains primary office scheduling book containing all physician meetings, satellite schedule, rounding and call coverage.
- Handles incoming phone calls from patients needing to schedule or reschedule appointments.
- Provides patients with accurate and legible appointment cards. Documents no shows in patients chart for missed visits. Follows up with patient to reschedule any missed appointments.
- Arranges for patients to have financial counseling as needed.
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and clinic/corporation.
- Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the front office. Covers for other front office functions as requested.
- Prepares correspondence, memos, forms and other typing as requested by supervisor.
- May provide guidance and daily work direction to junior level staff.
- May communicate to patient about surgeries or tests being scheduled and potential prep work needed, inquiring about test specifics from necessary parties and gathering patient information as needed.
- May be responsible for follow up on all pre-operative tests to ensure cleared for surgical procedure and communicates with physician and patients if further testing is required before surgery is performed.
- May be responsible for scheduling post-operative follow up appointments with Physicians.
- Where applicable, basic understanding of medical terminology for tests and surgical procedures, including coding and ability to look up codes specific to diagnosis, surgery and scheduling procedure.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum three years of office experience, preferably in a medical office setting.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and coding required.
- Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) required.
***MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG SCREENING TEST***
CORESTAFF Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. CORESTAFF Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.