Supply Chain AssistantMonday Friday (40 hours per week)12 month position; paying $18.24 per hour.Perform administrative functions related to order processing, inventory and material purchase to...
Monday - Friday (40 hours per week)
12 month position; paying $28.03 per hour.
The primary function of this position is to plan, develop and manage the administration of procurement activities for specific commodities and sub-commodities as well as schedule assigned production lines to satisfy customer needs through forecast and material planning.
- Manage and develop suppliers to ensure optimal quality, deliver and lowest landed-cost in accordance with Divisional, Operational and Corporate policies and objectives.
- Develop and maintain on-going supplier relationships.
- Analyze and evaluate procurement policies, systems technology and practices to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Prepare data and reports as required pertaining to on-time delivery, supplier performance, usage/spend, and shortage.
- Recommend continuous improvement in cost reduction, quality and delivery.
- Supports engineering, production, accounting and quality with any projects or problems such as processing ECOs, expediting floor stock as needed, conducting month end close, and communicating customer/supplier needs.
- Interprets and monitors adherence to functional and corporate policies and procedures.
- Enforces legal and regulatory requirements impartially to all government and commercial contracting laws and regulations.
- Reviews delivery requirements and expedites when necessary.
- Analyzes material requirements and inventory in order to maintain on-time delivery and targeted inventory levels.
- Analyzes key inventory control measures to identify trends and opportunities for improvement and follows through with implementing solutions.
- BBA / BS Degree from an accredited institution or minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in a supply chain function (customer service/buying/playing role)
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to successfully interface with all levels within the organization
- Intermediate to advanced operational level for Microsoft Office products
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge/experience with Continuous Improvement Lean, Six Sigma tools
- APICS Certification, CPIM, and/or Purchasing certification, CPM highly desired
- Supply chain function experience in a manufacturing environment
- Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) knowledge and MFG/Pro (or other ERP system) experience
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.