Pay Rate: 25.00/Hour Rotating Shift, Nights/Weekends
This role is constantly managing multiple priorities across a number of lines and a large physical structure. There is a high degree of in the moment decision-making that takes place under pressure that affects safety, quality and production. Directly responsible for the overall performance of a shift or that of multiple lines. This role directly managers 15 to 25 operators/mechanics across multiple lines. May also manage direct reports who work opposite days/nights/weekends.
- Responsible for managing the day to day production requirements across multiple lines including safety, quality, coordinating staffing assignments, safety activities and departmental budget activities.
- Provide business leadership to ensure that team meets or exceeds Manufacturing Excellence KPI’s.
- Drive continuous improvement and total employee engagement in critical success areas by empowering employees to utilize Manufacturing Excellence tools and techniques.
- Optimize efficiencies and reduce labor costs as well as maximizing through puts while minimizing labor use
- Training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, disciplining, and motivating employees; addressing complaints, resolving conflict, solving problems, scheduling vacations, and verifying payroll sheets.
- Ensure efficient production is achieved and standards are met. Optimize safety, quality, production, and cost objectives through employee involvement and team building approach to root cause problem solving and continuous improvement
- Direct the planning and implementation of key initiatives to improve bottling/warehousing operations.
- Ensure production databases are properly maintained and information utilized for continuous
- Support all safety and food safety audits and responsible for all corrective action items are completed and all bottling workers understand the goals.
- Generate ideas and implement changes in processes and use of equipment to increase efficiency, improve safety and quality, reduce costs, and improve employee morale.
- Meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability to achieve long-term goals.
- Relentlessly seek, share and adopt ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others.
- Build and maintain relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the breakthrough performance of others toward goal accomplishments. Develop self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP), perform tasks per the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) and follow general housekeeping guidelines and rules for Food Safety Regulations. Keep area updated with 5S.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS in Business, Management, or Engineering Required
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in high speed bottling plant/warehousing operation in a best in class manufacturing environment with GMPs and/or a highly regulated best in class industry
- Thorough working knowledge and demonstrated expertise in all areas of high speed bottling activities, including machine operations, changeovers, start-up, shut-down, package quality
- Demonstrated ability to effect change within a manufacturing environment through diagnosing, designing and implementing solutions
- Knowledge of TTB and State regulations pertaining to the production of alcohol beverages is a plus
- Manufacturing Excellence experience, such as 5S, Center-lining, SMED
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.