Our client in Southeast Austin is looking for a Warehouse Associate on a temp to hire basis to join their team! Great company to work...
Medical Coding Specialist
***Candidates without prior experience in Medical Billing & Coding will not be considered. ***
Monday - Friday (40 hours per week)
2+ month position; paying $19.00 - $24.00 per hour. Depending on experience.
CORESTAFF Services is seeking qualified candidates to work a contract in Austin, Texas.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client delivers careers with purpose and potential. The focus on better health starts with creating an inclusive environment with strong values where you can build a fulfilling career. You can count on us to provide you with resources and opportunities to grow and be your best, while contributing to our pursuit of improving lives. Every day, our client’s employees deliver products to healthcare providers that make a difference in the care and life of a patient. They work to distribute medical supplies, bandages, syringes, vials of flu vaccine, and pharmaceutical drugs to help real patients like Jack, an eight-year-old boy battling cancer. They take that job seriously. Together, the work done is shaping the future of healthcare. If you are passionate about combining a meaningful career with a balanced life, join us on this journey and apply for a job with our client today. Every day, the company's employees deliver products to healthcare providers that make a difference in the care and life of a patient.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Billing Specialists will be responsible for the timely and accurate billing of infusion drug and administration charges via paper, electronic or portal billing. Accurate and detailed review of PVR’s (Patient Visit Reports) submitted by the nursing staff to ensure proper coding of charges. This person will be a full-time, goal-oriented, revenue-driven, highly accurate and motivated Biller. Work claim rejections and re-bill reports. Enter new insurance carrier information for billing and run pre-processing reports on patient statements for review prior to being sent out.
- Complete all billing in queue
- Work claim rejections
- Bill Medicaid portal claims
- Work the pending re-bill report
- Generate patient statements weekly
- Confirm all billing complete for month end
- Maintain strictest confidentiality; adhere to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
- Ensure all claims are submitted with a goal of zero errors
- Verify completeness and accuracy of all claims prior to submission
- Respond to inquiries both internal and external within 48 hours
- May also be responsible for contacting insurance carriers, patients and other facilities as needed to get maximum payment on accounts and identify issues or changes to achieve client profitability
- Completes special projects as assigned
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- Maintains clear communication with customers regarding mutual expectations; takes personal responsibility and accountability for correcting customer service or other issues
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good listening skills and patience is necessary
- Must have strong understanding of confidentiality of patient records and HIPAA compliance
- Excellent and effective business communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Computer proficiency in MS Office
- Experience working in, and managing changing priorities, in a high volume, fast-paced work environment.
- This job requires excellent customer service skills and the ability to handle complex phone calls in regards to patient accounts and insurance inquiries
- Familiar with multi-state 3rd party insurers, Medicare and Medicaid
- Training provided
- Must be open to flexible day hours, Monday through Friday
- Traditional office environment
- Significant amount of time performing computer and phone-based work is required
***MUST PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG SCREENING TEST***
CORESTAFF Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. CORESTAFF Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.