AccountantCORESTAFF Services is seeking a qualified accounting processional to work a 6 month contract for a great company located in Toledo OH. The position pays...
Monday - Friday (40-hours per week)
1-year position; paying $53.00 per hour.
CORESTAFF Services is seeking a qualified candidate to work a contract in Toledo, OH.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is proud to be a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Our insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Our roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Our fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. With our client they provide innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to our customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Senior Accountant I (Corporate Accounting Analyst) is a member of the Corporate Accounting team, a highly effective and motivated team that delivers the following results to the organization:
- Executing an effective financial close cycle for our Corporate functions
- Accounting for complex topics such as equity (including stock compensation), pensions, and other employee-related benefits
- Internal consulting through researching and guiding stakeholders on technical accounting issues
- Continuously improving accounting processes to gain efficiency and effectiveness
- Gather, compile, analyze, prepare and summarize data for complex financial projects/subjects
- Supporting senior management, investor relations, treasury, legal, corporate FP&A, compensation & benefits, corporate function leaders and external auditors
- Preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations and consolidated financial statements
- Effectively monitoring the control environment
The position reports to: Corporate Accounting Leader
- Demonstrates an understanding of advanced accounting and looks to grow knowledge
- Delivers insightful research, analysis and commentary on key accounting items
- Analyzes pension and equity accounts (including stock compensation) and communicates proposed journal entries to stakeholders including global shared services provider, corporate accounting team, corporate FP&A, compensation & benefits, regional COE leaders, legal and treasury
- Partners with external reporting to provide accurate information for the consolidated financial statements
- Partners with compensation & benefits and treasury to leverage our relationships with third-party service providers, including actuaries, stock program administrator and valuation consultant.
- Drives the global corporate balance sheet review process developing an understanding of the relationship between various financial items and demonstrating a thorough understanding of events effecting the balance sheet
- Develops consistent messaging between balance sheet review meetings and end-of-quarter consolidated analytics
- Prepare and review journal entries and account reconciliations ensuring they are supported with valid items in accordance with US GAAP and OC policy.
- Executes an effective financial closing cycle and drives continuous improvement
- Lead the monthly, quarterly and year end close cycle for the business
- Provides timely and accurate financial statements for corporate accounting
- Proactively assists corporate FP&A and corporate functions with comprehensive review and analysis of data
- Resolves closing issues timely and assists with comprehensive review and analysis of data
- Continuously improves the closing process through understanding the root cause of issues encountered and then working to find solutions. Recognizes opportunities to improve current process inefficiencies and drives change
- Develops and documents sound, consistent and sustainable processes and controls
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.