WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE 5 Days per week 9:30 a.m. 6:00 p.m.6 month contract; paying $14.00 per hour. CORESTAFF Services is seeking 5 contract records specialist for...
Accounts Payable Specialist - Radnor, PA
Pay Rate: $24-$28/Hour
Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM
Job Summary: The Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist is responsible for daily invoice processing. Under general supervision, the AP Specialist takes ownership of the invoice and approval workflow management process and is accountable for driving process improvements. The AP Specialist provides support to both internal and external customers for all AP inquiries in a manner that is professional and timely.
- Ownership of invoice processing utilizing the functionality of SAP’s Vendor Invoice Management (VIM) & integrated image scanning workflow through OpenText or SAP functionality for entering invoices directly into the system.
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; resolving purchase order issues, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit memos are received for outstanding credits.
- Verify vendor, product, quantity and dollars charged between purchase order information and invoice. Inputs and/or corrects discrepancies as needed.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Work with Vendors and suppliers on invoicing and billing process to ensure prompt payment.
- Manage/track various utility payments (e.g. power) to ensure timely payment.
- Pay employees by receiving and verifying expense reports.
- Identify problematic invoices, researches, and takes action to both resolve and eliminate future occurrences of the issue. Escalate as appropriate.
- Manage all invoice payment blocks and clears discrepancies in order to make vendor payments.
- Address both internal and external customer based inquiries providing assistance as needed regarding any discrepancies further identifying and recommending a resolution.
- Verify and apply ancillary charges according to company guidelines.
- Verify sales/use tax in accordance with Divisional guidance.
- Compliance reporting for company programs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree in Business, Accounting or related-field required. In lieu of degree requirement, consideration for minimum of 3 years of related experience may be accepted.
- 3+ years of prior experience in accounting, accounts payable, finance and/or related field.
- Prior experience with SAP Vendor Invoice Management system preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts and principles.
- Ability to operate in a metric-driven performance environment.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills to include the ability to perform and apply research and data analysis to recommend resolutions and drive continuous improvements.
- Strong organization skills with ability to independently adjust and manage multiple priorities with thoroughness and accuracy.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to adjust communication method based on customer situation.
- General math skills
- A positive, process-improvement focused approach and willingness to learn coupled with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Exhibits customer focused behavior such as building positive relationships and striving to understand customer needs.
Leafstone is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.