Job Title: Inventory Control Coordinator
Location: Newport, DE
Duration: One Year Contract (Temp to Hire)
Pay Rate: $18-$21/Hour *Dependent on Experience*
Job Summary: Our client seeking an Inventory Control Coordinator to take material from one storage location to another and may be involved in the process of packaging, extracting and loading the material to be transported. The ICC must follow safety procedures and regulations, including wearing special protective gear and disposing of materials as regulated by law. The ICC physically moves materials and uses common material handling equipment (pallet jack etc.) to move material as needed. The Inventory Control Coordinator plays a crucial role in the day-to-day operations of the business.
- Embrace and demonstrate “ Zero Injury” mentality
- Attend/Participate and contribute to improve plant safety
- Daily control of inventory movement incoming & outgoing
- Reporting inventory shortages and recommending new orders
- Support material transfers from stock to production work cell
- Support production activities and correct inventory inaccuracies.
- Perform Physical Cycle Counting as needed
- Manage material life cycle (i.e Phase In/Phase Out)
- Maintain and look to reduce inventory levels when applicable
- Reduce and dispose obsolete material on a timely basis as identified by ALaS management
- Sequestering damaged or unusable materials from production stock
- Identifying and verifying part. both direct and indirect materials
- Package finished product for storage and/or shipment to customers
- Picking orders from inventory
- Unloading, moving and storing materials utilizing manual lifts, reach trucks and transfer equipment (requires applicable safety and operational training)
- Storing and stacking materials according to company standards
- May also be required to operate a forklift. (In these instances, we ensure that our candidates have proper OSHA training and valid state licenses.)
- Order in-direct materials and ensure availability as needed to support operations and development.
- Accounts Payable coordination and reconciliation for 1 work site
- Master freight logistics for both incoming and outgoing shipments, including an understanding of international freight requirements
- Plant Support and Problem Resolution
- Manage in-direct services contractors, safety vendors
- Champion non-conforming material issues with suppliers.
- Perform timely floor walks and receive stock to investigate and resolve material issues
- Assist in the expediting and fulfilment material shortages and understand the cause of the shortage.
- Examine, inspect records information pertaining to inventory line items
- Support incoming inspection processes (Certificates, physical inspection…)
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 2 years related inventory control experience required
- Forklift experience desirable
- Must be in good physical condition and be able to stand for an extended period of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds without assistance
- Familiarity with Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) systems a plus
- Technology skills, proficient with emails, spreadsheets and word processing
- Demonstrate ability to use machines and software to track inventory
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Good interpersonal and communication skills within all levels of the organization
- Ability to conceptualize and assimilate data
- Adapt effectively to new and changing environment
- Must be able to process and follow written and spoken instructions.
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.