Project Assistant and Admin
Pay: $19 - $21/hr DOE
Contract Length: 3 months with a high possibility of extension, could become permanent
This is a full-time position that performs a variety of complex administrative functions for all levels of management. Manages schedule(s), coordinates travel arrangements and processes business expenses. Coordinates meetings and events, department financial operations, personnel operations, and facility operations. Manages procurement of goods and services including office supplies, reference materials, and vendor relationships. Provides general office support, tends to the front desk, manages staff timessheets, and manages physical incoming and outgoing mail. Works closely with a team in a fast-paced environment. Completes special projects as assigned.
- Multi-tasking administrative duties and switching priorities as needed.
- New hire onboarding.
- Greeting and assisting incoming clients and/or guests.
- Inventory management.
- Event coordination and planning.
- Must work independently and with a team of peer level admins when required.
- 4+ years of previous Administrative Support experience.
- 3+ years of experience with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word).
- 5+ years of experience and an expert level knowledge of Excel.
- 2+ years of experience with PowerPoint and MS Access.
- Previous experience navigating and working in complex electronic filing systems.
- Must have a very strong attention to detail.
- Must have an intermediate understanding of computer systems and other technology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service/interpersonal skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills with high accuracy.
- Strong planning, organizing, coordinating skills.
- Must demonstrate initiative while being highly adaptable.
- Background working in a science-related field.
CORESTAFF Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. People from racial minority groups, veterans, and the disabled are strongly encouraged to apply. CORESTAFF Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.