Warehouse AssociatePay: $13.00 $15.00/hr DOE Contract Length: 6 monthsJob Description:The Warehouse Associate serves customers by maintaining and processing physical assets stored in our warehouse. These...
JOB TITLE: Shipper
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
DURATION: 6 Month Contract Temp to Hire
PAY RATE: $15/HR
Job Summary: Our client is looking to hire a Shipper for a temp to hire contract. This function encompasses all activities related to the movement, sorting and storage of company assets in addition to all activities related to the receiving and shipping of identified materials entering and leaving the facility. This function requires strict adherence to safety, regulatory and quality procedures. One must also maintain their work area in a clean and organized manner.
- Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed and any accidents or injuries are promptly reported to management.
- Review, provide input and comply with safe operating procedures.
- Attend and participate in Safety meetings.
- Train and become qualified in Specialty Gas SOPs sections procedures and regulatory procedures.
- Review, provide input and comply with work instructions.
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
- Load and unload shuttle trucks and common carriers
- Understand and interpret DOT markings on cylinders
- Inspecting, identifying and sorting of cylinders by product type, size and disposition
- Final material or cylinder preparation and packaging for shipment
- Preparation of required shipping and receiving documents.
- Communicate with common carriers and regional distribution carriers as required.
- Provide requested shipping and receiving information to external and internal customers in a timely fashion
- Assist in maintaining sorting area, shipping dock and yard in an organized fashion which is complaint to Airgas safety SOP’s, bulletins and facility guidelines.
- Control out of test cylinders both inbound and outbound
- Work with management to ensure timely delivery of product, reduction of errors or rework and increases in productivity.
- Participate in and perform activities to meet annual Performance Plan Objectives
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Able to effectively communicate in both verbal and written English
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
- Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.