Immediate opening for a SALES TAX ACCOUNTANT for special project with our O&G Client in SW Houston Apply today!DUTIES: Account reconciliations Review transactions and file refund claims Prepare...
Corestaff is seeking a SR General Ledger Accountant for a client that is located in West Houston. The SR General Ledger Accountant will support the process to provide business essential, cost effective, accounting services to associates and business units.
Pay: $89-90K plus 15% bonus
Responsibilities include but not limited too:
- Prepare journal entries -- including recurring entries -- for Month End Close. Make materiality decisions on close entries. Review and approve staff journal entries.
- Analyze, generate and process intercompany entries needed to adjust or reallocate expenses between business units. Prepare, review and/or post Intercompany billing forms.
- Maintain well-documented workpapers for journal entries and account reconciliations. As part of the reconciliation process, review the reasonableness of balance sheet and income statement accounts in order to determine that all necessary entries have been recorded.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts in a timely fashion including intercompany balances; resolve reconciling items in a timely manner. Review reconciliations prepared by other team members.
- Compare the actual results to the budgeted results and provide variance explanations on a monthly basis.
- Create complex financial statement schedules using advanced technical knowledge. Review other team members` schedules to ensure accuracy and compliance with accounting regulations.
- Analyze monthly and year-end financial data to ensure that it is recorded accurately, in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist in reviewing or preparing ancillary audit schedules, audit footnotes, tax schedules and tax forms.
- Research and resolve accounting transaction questions and other customer issues in an agreed upon timeframe. Strive to satisfy customers. Minimize referrals to management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from four-year College or University
- 5 - 8 years related experience
- 2 to 4 years of Public Accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is preferred - active or working towards certification
- Required daily to analyze and interpret data, communicate, and remain in a stationary position for a significant amount of the workday.
- Minimal travel is required for this position (up to 20% of the time and on a domestic basis).
- Required to travel to other sites, including out-of-state, where applicable, for business.
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.