DOCUMENT CONTROL SPECIALISTJOB DESCRIPTION Information Management Responsibilities / Accountabilities: • Takes responsibility for all document and data management aspects of projects. • Understands and instructs project team members on...
PROJECT CONTROLS MANAGER
Pay Rate: $68 - $86/Hour *Dependent on experience*
Job Summary: Our client is seeking a project controls manager to support power plant operations
|Minimum Education: |
• B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering Discipline, Finance, Accounting, or applicable course of study or related work experience
• Preferred: MBA or other advanced degree
• At least 8 years of capital project development and management experience (Large, complex, utility capital project experience essential)
• Preferred: At least 5 years of experience in the management and control of large, complex utility capital projects with an EPC or Engineering firm
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge and experience in the management and control of large, complex utility capital projects
• Preferred: Knowledge and experience in technical writing related to processes and standards or project performance assessments
This position provides oversight and support for Stage Gate Process (SGP) and project management standards - ensuring standardization and continuous improvement in project delivery across all business units. The Project Controls Manager maintains ownership for the development and continuous improvement of policies, standards, and guides that standardize and optimize project delivery across business units. The Project Controls Manager provides intrusive oversight of large, complex projects by establishing and leading project assurance, reporting, and training programs that drive predictability and efficiency in project delivery. Works with project teams to ensure projects are delivered with cost and schedule certainty. Manages risks and risk management issues to ensure risks are identified and mitigated. Works directly with Project Teams to ensure alignment with Stage Gate Process and to ensure that proper project controls are being implemented. Works with Project Team to ensure costs are managed; change control is established and controlled; and that contingency is properly controlled. The Project Controls Manager provides deep subject matter expertise (SME) to project teams that aid in project business case development, and lessons learned to achieve the requirements of Stage Gate Process (SGP) and project management / project controls standards.
• Provides deep subject matter expertise (SME) in the various disciplines of project management and control
• Maintains ownership for the development and continuous improvement of policies, standards, and guides that standardize and optimize project delivery across business units
• Performs rigorous and independent project assessments of projects within project portfolio to ensure compliance with SGP and project management standards
• Serves as a SGP Gate Reviewer by performing rigorous evaluations of project development and control deliverables, including business cases presented by project teams
• Utilizes project management and project controls expertise as well as business acumen and experience to provide SME-level project management, controls, and business case guidance to project team members across business units
• Conducts training on the SGP, project management standards/implementation guides and in various project controls disciplines, such as Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA)
• Assists in the performance of analysis, optimization, and reporting on project portfolio including assessments of risk associated with completing planned scopes of work according to multi-year budget plans
|Start Time:||8:00 AM|
|Hours:||8:00am to 5:00pm|
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.