Forklift Operator Schedule: 1:30pm 10:00pm (Overtime will be from 10:00pm 12:00am midnight)?Pay: $13/hrJOB DESCRIPTIONThis position requires the use of industrial powered equipment such as electric...
DEF Electrical Helper/Electrician
Need energetic DEF Electrical Helper/Electrician. This person, Under the direction of the Production Manager, will be responsible for building control panels, assemble DEF products, fitting, joining, reading and comprehending instruction and following established procedures.
• Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic equipment and fixtures used in the DEF industry using hand tools and power tools, following accepted Best Practices.
• Install electrical components: such circuit breakers, contactors, thermal overloads, relays, fuses, distribution blocks, power supplies, switches.
• Trouble-shoot and diagnose malfunctioning systems or components using the appropriate testing equipment to find and correct the failure. Use of ohm meter, volt meter, amp probe and megger.
• Install conduits, pull wire and make final connections to circuit breakers, DEF pumps, dispensers, tank monitors.
• Inspect electrical system and components to verify compliance with safety requirements, codes, project specifications and manufacturer requirements. Verify proper operation of the electrical system.
• Advise management, customers and fellow workmen when hazards are present and when electrical systems are safe to operate.
• Read, learn, understand and interpret blueprints and work instructions, and other instructions written or verbal, to complete assembly of products or components according to established guidelines and quality standards.
• Use a variety of hand and power tools following appropriate methods and procedures to complete mechanical assembly of components or products, and prepare products and other items for shipment (hoists, hand power tools, slings, grinders, cutting torch, and other hand tools related to the jobs needs).
• Inspect and test parts and products as necessary, during or after assembly, according to established guidelines and quality standards.
• Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all equipment according to maintenance plans and established procedures.
• Practice problem solving and troubleshooting techniques as part of a team responsible for realizing continuous improvement to products and processes.
• Cross train to other departments as needed.
• Work includes set-up, laying out work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to fabricate parts and/or rework finished products.
• Inspect equipment to maintain functional equipment if any equipment needs repairs notify supervisor/lead or maintenance department.
• Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other members of the manufacturing team.
• Assist in scheduled physical inventory counts.
• Follow company policies and procedures
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Follow Safety rules, participate in safety meetings, and follow up on any safety issues.
Experience, Competencies and Education
• High School diploma or GED
• NFPA knowledge helpful
• UL 508 helpful
• Electrical experience
• At least 2-5 years working as an apprentice with electrical company
• Tape Measurement and Blueprint reading skills
• Working knowledge of shop equipment and shop tools
• Highly motivated with a desire to be successful.
• Effective time management skills.
• Basic Computer Skills.
Must be able to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Perform work standing up in work cell for 8-10 hours per day and up to 5 days a week.
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.