We’re looking to add an ambitious CPA for our fast growing business. This opportunity is ideal for a team player that is enthusiastic, well organized, detail oriented and possesses a strong drive to meet deadlines with the ability to work on their own. Must be Ok with working with a start up business, company wants someone with critical thinking skills, must be self driven and be an individual contributor to the company. An expert in working with Sage ERP X3 manufacturing experience a MUST!.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and analyses for assigned general ledger accounts.
- Monthly P&L variance analysis, research and preparation of supporting schedules.
- Prepare the monthly reconciliations and journal entries for our trucking subsidiary.
- Maintain intercompany reconciliations and transactions on a monthly basis for review.
- Assist with parts and equipment physical inventory in conjunction with supporting inventory valuation, policies, controls, and reporting.
- Contribute to document processes improvement and suggest/implement enhanced controls.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education:
Three or more years of accounting experience including one year of accounting experience in a healthcare organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field.
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for one year of accounting experience.
- Knowledge of accounting theory, principles and practices to identify and describe accounting systems and subsystems.
- Knowledge of budgeting and of cost accounting principles.
- Knowledge of research techniques to analyze data and make recommendation.
- Knowledge of computer information systems to present financial information.
- Excellent Excel skills
- Sage X3 a must
- Ability to prepare statistical and narrative accounting reports.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations accurately and quickly
- Ability to identify and compute ratios and percentages.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Three or more years’ experience in accounting or finance, required. (Must have experience in a manufacturing environment.)
- Experience in preparing for annual financial audits, and various monthly/annual regulatory filings, is a plus.
Skills & Competencies:
- The ability to work effectively in a team and across teams when necessary.
- Ability to develop relationships throughout the company and to work collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external agencies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently while being flexible.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage deadlines and expectations efficiently.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization clearly articulating ideas, opinions and information.
- Knowledge of basic accounting guidance, accounting functions and related internal controls, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, and inventory.
- The ability to research and reconcile complex General Ledger accounts
- Microsoft Excel experience using functions, vlookups, and pivot tables.
- Must be able to think like an owner and speak straight to offer alternative perspectives
- Must be able to work on their own
Organizational Framework: This position has no direct reports.
- Advises, consults and coordinates with: Functional executives, managers within the business units, Customers and Vendors. Others as required
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.