Warehouse Destruction Technician
Pay: $13.00 - $15.00/hr DOE
Contract Length: 1 month
Hours: 8:00AM - 4:30PM
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client was founded in 1951 and ranked as a Forbes 2018 America's Best Employers, is the global leader for storage and information management services. Trusted by more than 225,000 organizations around the world, our client stores and protects billions of valued assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive data, and cultural and historical artifacts. Providing solutions that include information management, digital transformation, secure storage, secure destruction, data centers, cloud services and art storage and logistics, our client helps customers lower cost and risk, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and enable a digital way of working.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Destruction Technicians serve customers by accurately processing and destroying all materials delivered to the production facility. They sort material and operate forklifts and other machinery. These critical team members maintain the facility, empty trash, bale corrugated material and assist the production supervisor with other necessary duties. They perform each and every task with the utmost regard for safety and security. The DTs collaborate with team members to enable success for all.
Job involves wheeling/rolling various size bins across floor to granulator and or paper shredder. Bins vary in weight with the maximum bin weight in the paper shredding area of approximately 350 lbs. Maximum bin weight in the granulator area is approximately 525 lbs. All bins have wheels for transport.
Bins are pushed and secured onto automated electric lift platform. Technician activates lift mechanism for bin to be emptied into granulator / shredder. Technician removes empty bin. Technicians in granulator area may also lift / carry boxes of electronic media and place into granulator.
- Empty collected material from containers; cut open bags, dump payloads, empty roll-arounds
- Sort material by grade; separate and discard rubbish
- Collaborate with team members
- Perform emergency equipment repairs
- Clean facility and containers
- Maintain strict security of material and trucks
- Ensure safe machine operations
- Perform all physical tasks without assistance
- Mentor others as opportunities arise
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current experience shredding or recycling operations/warehousing environment
- Ability to lift heavy bags, push rolling carts and pull two- and four-wheeled containers
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to safely operate machinery
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Must have attention to detail and constantly be aware of surroundings.
- Must comply with all safety requirements while in the facility including wearing high visibility vest, safety glasses and other safety equipment (all supplied by the Client).
- Must be ambulatory including the ability to walk, stand, bend, stoop, kneel for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work without assistance in order to grip, lift, push and pull wheeled, plastic bins and manually sort items in bin.
- Must be able to unload boxes from pallets and empty boxes weighing up to 50lbs into the shredder or collection area.
- Requires heavy lifting at boxes at times, mandatory overtime when needed to meet daily production goals, multi-tasking on assigned jobs, and mandatory daily house cleaning
***Steel Toe Shoes Are Required For This Role***
***CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG SCREENING TEST***
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.