Sr. Surgical Scheduler
3 month assignment
Pay: $18/ hr
This position is responsible scheduling from physicians’ orders as directed by the physician - SURGICAL AND RADIOLOGY SCHEDULING. Close working relationship and good communication with physician a must. Provide patient with pre-operative testing information ordered by physician. Review pre-operative testing results with physician and appropriate actions if test return abnormal. Obtain necessary insurance authorization from insurance company with the proper Procedure (CPT) and Diagnosis codes (ICD9). Communicate to the patient surgical information, all necessary prep the date/time/location of the appointment. May help orient, train and assign work of lower level employees.
- •Demonstrates an understanding of medical terminology, procedures and diagnosis necessary to perform appropriate scheduling.
- Knowledgeable in coding, able to look up codes specific to diagnosis and scheduled procedure.
- Knowledge of patient’s medical history, i.e. allergies, current medications
- Obtains insurance pre-authorization
- Obtains and enters all authorization and correspondence relating to scheduled surgery in EMR/Physicians calendar, surgical assistant and anesthesia scheduling.
- Communicates to patient what the necessary prep is before surgery.
- Follow up on all pre-operative tests to ensure completed and cleared for surgical procedure and communicates with physician and patients if further testing is required before surgery is performed Demonstrates an understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and clinic/corporation
- Schedules post-operative follow-up appointments with the Physician.
- Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency surgery scheduling position
- May provide direction and assistants to lower level employees
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Position requires 3-5 years medical office work experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Proficiency with computer systems and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) required.
- Knowledge of insurance/pre-authorization for patients, and very important – the
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment.
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.
your application has been submitted