Compounding Pharmacy Technician - Bloomsbury, NJ 08804?
Monday - Friday OT as needed 2 Shifts 1st and 2nd 6-2:30pm OR 2:30-11pm
3-6 month temp-to-permanent position (possible hire after 90 days); paying $19.00 - $23.00 per hour (depending on experience)
The compounder is responsible for compounding sterile preparations as per work instructions under supervision. Assists in cleaning and maintenance of the clean room space and work environment.
Further, this position is responsible to ensure the timely completion of batch record documentation, manufacturing operations logs, cleaning logs in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (21CFR210 and 211), company policies and procedures.
As part of continued development and organizational advancement, the compounder may be requested to support training of new compounders to ensure that good aseptic technique is embedded in the operation and that compounders can achieve qualification and certification status as required to support operations.
- Complies with all state and federal laws, rules, and regulations governing the practice of pharmacy
- Ensures cleansing and garbing policy is performed exactly per sterile preparations
- Compounds all required types of sterile preparations accurately and in compliance with master worksheets
- Operates all compounding equipment accurately and according to policy and procedure
- Utilizes correct and appropriate aseptic techniques at all times
- Prepares work area and products thoroughly prior to compounding
- Compounds daily without fingertip growth during compounding
- Performs cleaning of the clean room areas thoroughly and according to policy without viable particle growth
- Maintains a high degree of productivity within recommended guidelines
- Conducts oneself in a professional manner and continually strive to improve efficiency
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the job, completing all annual competencies and skills validations
- Passes all initial and on-going validations and advanced complex media-fill verifications
- Effectively integrates knowledge into job and continuously attains new knowledge
- Maintains accurate records of all assignments
- Completes any other duties designated by the pharmacist and/or supervisor
- Cooperates with team members to accomplish departmental goals
- Understands and adheres to policies and procedures
- Arrives at work as scheduled and notifies supervisors in a timely manner of any absences
- Recognizes priorities and takes action; makes productive use of time
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE
- Supports execution of activities, including dispensing, formulating, cleaning, compounding and sterile filtration activities
- Resolves and escalates non-routine incidents immediately
- Ensures proper cleaning of the clean room in accordance with procedures
- Participated in routine media fills to maintain qualification status
- Ensures the proper operation of manufacturing process equipment in accordance with internal policy and procedure
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Licensed as a Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) preferred
- Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the state of NJ is preferred
- ACPE Sterile products certification preferred
- IV compounding experience preferred, but not required
Leafstone is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
your application has been submitted