Environmental Health & Safety Specialist. This is Direct hire opportunity with our well-known International client in North West Houston Apply now!
Health and Safety
- Collaborate with EH&S Team to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries and resultant financial losses.
- Coordinate safety activities of all functional areas to ensure full implementation and maintenance of safety activity throughout the organization.
- Compile, analyze, and interpret statistical data related to the facility`s occupational illnesses and accidents and prepares reports for management.
- Maintain liaison with outside organizations, state and federal regulatory agencies such as OSHA, EPA, fire departments, and rescue squads to assure regulatory compliance where required, information exchange and mutual assistance.
- Tour plant to inspect fire and safety equipment, machinery, and facilities to identify and correct potential hazards and ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Conduct and coordinate safety and first aid training to educate workers about safety policies, laws, and practices.
- Investigate accidents to minimize recurrence and prepare accident reports of lost time.
- Work with Human Resources to resolve individual employee issues and maintain overall positive employee relations environment/ climate.
Environmental and Sustainability
- Review pollution-control compliance schedules and inspection reports to ensure compliance with pollution control regulations.
- Coordinate and control pollution monitoring activities for the facility.
- Provides technical support, leadership, and oversight for environmental and sustainability issues and programs.
- Develop and create effective Environmental compliance and management systems to maintain Clean Texas Status, EPA and TCEQ compliance, and continual improvement within the Environmental Audit System.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- A bachelor's degree in Environmental Science or related technical degree, and (5) to (7) years of related experience.
- A master's degree in related field, or advance professional certifications preferred.
- Audit experience preferred.
- Any similar combination of education and experience.
Salary: $80 - $85K DOE
Submit Resumes to: email@example.com
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.
your application has been submitted