Corestaff is seeking a Shipping Clerk for a 9 Week Assignment to begin ASAP. This position in located in Northwest Houston off 290. There are physical components to the job such as being on their feet 8+ hours a day, having to bend, reach and stoop depending on the pallet they may have to shrink wrap.
Base Pay: $13.75
Scheduled Shift: Monday to Friday – 9AM to 5:30PM
Summary:The Shipping Clerk is chiefly responsible for the safe and timely shipping of orders
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for making decisions on method shipping product based on the best interest of the company and our customer.
- Creates and prepares shipping documentation, including Bills of Ladings, shipping labels, and export paperwork.
- Routes outgoing shipments through various methods and schedules transportation of shipments (U.P.S., Fed-Ex, & L.T.L., via the internet).
- Interaction with Customer Service, to ensure that the customer’s request is filled.
- Responsible for processing shipping orders in a high volume environment (2,000+pkgs./daily).
- Physically capable of strapping product to pallets
- Strive to meet daily, weekly, and monthly goals
- Efficiently coordinate outbound shipments
- Daily interaction with Customer Service and warehouse personnel
- Other duties as assigned
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Must pass compliance
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good Microsoft PC skills, familiarity with WMS systems
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.
your application has been submitted