DIRECT HIRE!!! MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Location: Memphis, TN
Schedule: 3 shifts at 8 hours
Pay Rate: $23.62 to $28.84/ Must pass maintenance test by Ramsay
The purpose of this job is to perform all equipment and facilities related electrical, mechanical, sheet metal, welding, instrument, steam lines, and pipe fitting work at the Memphis Roofing Plant. Utilizes process and maintenance knowledge to assist in the planning and performance of all tasks. Participates in teams to develop and implement solutions
• Lock Tag Try (LTT) system. Respect for the potential hazards within the manufacturing operation. Training and regular auditing of the process.
• Confined Space Entry – Basic knowledge of CSE procedures.
• Fluent in the language of the plant.
• Computer literacy – email, simple spreadsheet, word doc.
• Safe rigging procedures.
• Forklift operation, licensed – will provide certification.
• PLC basics -- Ability to use laptop for troubleshooting and ability to adjust where needed. Internal various timers in the program; the ability to access status files to diagnose and clear PLC faults.
• Troubleshooting basics, how to analyze a problem and step to the root cause. Help reduce cycle time to problem resolution and eliminates the “replace and see what happens method”.
• Must have minimum two years of plant experience or have demonstrated capability and knowledge to trouble shoot major plant systems. (Steam lines, piping, positive displacement pumps, pressurized packing systems)
• Installs, modifies or maintains plant equipment and assists in determining appropriate methods to accomplish these tasks.
• Must work safely and follow all documented and “common sense” safety policies and procedures.
• Read, understand, and analyze blueprints and other technical data references.
• Expert use of hand and power tools.
• Inspects plant equipment to identify potential problems prior to breakdown occurrences.
• Ability to properly, precision align belt, gear or direct coupled shafts using proper tools to specified tolerances.
• Understanding of lubrication principles and bearing tolerances and basic bearing "physics"-I.E. how does it work in terms of need for extreme care, keeping clean, etc.
• Hydraulic systems understanding - hydraulic flow principles. Effects of pipe sizes and valves on pressure drops, making proper fittings per system requirements, proper valve application, etc. Applied to water systems, hot oil, compressed air and steam, and hydraulic systems.
• Understanding of pump basics and operating characteristics including effects of suction pressures, head pressures, sealing/packing techniques.
• Basic welding for all; structural and piping welding.
• Pipefitting – alignment, flange, threading.
• Basic electrical component “how they work” understanding: solenoids, motors, heaters, contacts, and photoeyes.
• Basic industrial electrical code.
• Fusing, thermal overload protection, wire sizing, motor theory, etc.
• AC drive system (basics).
• Be able to safely conduct motor control and power circuit troubleshooting. Understand fuse sizing, take motor amp readings, understand basic DC motor control, etc.
• Ability to fully troubleshoot drives- AC variable frequency, and communicate technically with outside technical support when needed.
• Fully competent in electrical noise avoidance-grounding, shielding, etc.
• Burner system understanding, troubleshooting to comply with all plant rules
• Basic knowledge of Burner system tuning
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following
• Basic Computer Skills
• Basic PLC
• Basic Blueprint & Schematic reading
• Proficient in SAP PM Module
• Basic Welding
• Able to think under pressure and make quick decisions
• Ability to work well in a team or alone
• Good attention to detail
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
• Operate a computer or other keyboard instrument
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
• High School or equivalent
• Pass the Maintenance Test with 1st of 2nd Class score.
• Preferably five (5) years in a related maintenance trade or occupation that involved electrical, hydraulic machinery and equipment in a manufacturing environment.
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.
your application has been submitted