Responsible for managing the Record to Report (R2R) team as they record financial transactions, analyze accounts, perform fluctuation analysis and other projects as assigned. This person would be responsible for evaluating and improving departmental processes and will participate in key project initiatives as assigned. This position will include building a team environment and managing accountants and supervisors within their team to ensure deadlines are met and quality standards are maintained. This person will report to and assist the Director in establishing and maintaining strong accounting controls and in aspects of the overall supervision of the Record to Report Accounting department.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Communicates information to all team members in a timely manner while maintaining integrity of confidential information.
- Responsible for developing team members
- Responds to the needs of customers at all levels for special reports and interpretation of financial results and related systems, as well as potential issues as they arise
- Plans, supervises, and assists the R2R staff in accounting processes to properly record and classify financial transactions, analyze P&L/balance sheet activity and reconcile balance sheet activity
- Maintains strong accounting controls and established acceptable accounting procedures sufficient to ensure compliance with the regulation and mandates of all governing bodies, both internal and external
- Develop and implement best practices in all areas of R2R.
- Actively participate in LEAN initiatives and suggest process improvements where necessary
- Create a ‘Caring Culture’ and motivate team members to perform at the highest standard
- Perform other duties as assigned Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent.
- Certified Public Accountant
- 3-5 years as a manager
- Hospitality industry experience
- Must have an understanding of SOX 404 and GAAP
- Must have intermediate level skills with Microsoft Excel/Word/Outlook and 10-key.
- Must possess time management skills and have the ability to meet deadlines as required.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and the ability to see the big picture.
- Must possess critical thinking skills and the ability to provide solutions to problems
- Must have a positive attitude
- Must be a team player and ability to collaborate with others.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays as needed based on business demands
Positions that have contact with the public require the ability to work in a noisy environment, and may be exposed to guests who use tobacco products. Also, non-public contact positions may be required to enter public areas from time to time, in connection with their duties, and may be subject to the same environment.
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search