JOB TITLE: SHIPPING TECHNICIAN
Apply today for a chance to grow in your career!
- SHIFT SCHEDULE: Shift B: 2PM-10:30PM
- PAY RATE: $15/HR
- Location: Oldsmar, FL
Schedules freight shipments by common carrier, prepares shipping documents, receives incoming freight, and verifies cylinder delivery documents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all job assignments in a safe manner according to SOPs.
- Schedules freight shipments using AFS logistics and SOPs.
- Prepares IATA documents for international shipments.
- Verifies that outgoing cylinder shipments are correctly labeled and comply with DOT requirements and SOPs.
- Counts and verifies cylinder and freight shipments for receipt into SAP, delivering documents to the plant production coordinator in a timely manner.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of stocked gas items and insures that stocked cylinders are properly relieved from SAP inventory.
- Places incoming Raw Materials, CATS cylinders and COCs in the appropriate holding/quarantine locations. Notifies the production plant when Raw Materials, COCs and CATS cylinders are received in a timely manner.
- Moves cylinders by forklift to the pure plant (C196) for deliveries on local routes and shuttles as necessary.
- Arranges local pick-up and delivery of full and empty raw materials for the Specialty Gas plant.
- Maintains Site Security at the main access gate to the Specialty Gas plant, allowing only approved contractors and vendors on site. Insures that visitors to the Specialty Gas plant comply with site security rules and local PPE requirements.
- Assists with cylinder inventory as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The position requires strong leadership skills, excellent attendance, attention to detail, and outstanding work ethics, including respect for coworkers and the company.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school degree or the equivalent with previous forklift and cylinder handling experience. IATA certification required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the Company.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, feel, and operate cylinder valves; operate machinery; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search