JOB TITLE: Cell Associate
Apply today to this exciting opportunity!
- Assembles, tests, paints and crates for stock and shipment various pumps and pump components.
- Assembles sub-assemblies, trims and balances impellers for various size pumps.
- Paints, packs and crates final assemblies, sub-assemblies, parts and motors for stock and shipment.
- Schedule: 03:00 PM - 11:30 PM
- Pay Range: $18.00 - $19.00 DOE
- Assembles various size pumps and pump components from parts, sub-assemblies and motors using hand and power tools.
- Tests various pump and pump components for leaks and operating malfunctions.
- Assembles various sub-assemblies for use in final assembly or for end use as replacement parts. Applies required product identification as required.
- Using required equipment trims and deburrs impellers to correct diameter.
- Static balances impellers by removing material, using drill press, hand tools, fixtures or automatic equipment.
- Using hand, electric and gas powered material moving equipment, moves parts and product to, within and from work station to stores and shipping.
- Visually and/or dimensionally checks material, supplies, parts, sub-assemblies and finished product for shortages, defects and non-standard conditions. Upon discovery notifies supervision of all shortage, defects, non-standard conditions and malfunctioning machinery and equipment.
- Maintains related records, cleans machinery, equipment and work area on a daily basis and performs preventative maintenance as assigned. Performs all related miscellaneous duties as directed by supervision.
- Sets-up and operates radial drill.
- Obtains paint and material from storage. Prepares paint as required by thinning to proper viscosity (primarily uses pre-mixed paints.) Spray paints motors, parts, sub-assemblies and finished products. Uses hoist to position in paint booth or hangs on paint line monorail.
- Verifies quantities, selects material and packs, crates or skids various products, motor parts and sub-assemblies. Uses cartons, wire bound crates, skids or builds crates from lumber. Operates power saw and hand tools as required. Changes saw blades and makes adjustments to power saw as required.
- Must read, write and speak English. Must read and interpret blueprints.
- Must read and effectively use various precision gauges and measuring instruments to ensure parts are to blueprints specification.
- One to two years as an assembler of small units.
JOB TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Must either know or be trained in the following courses: Intro to ISO Blue Print Reading Process Sheets Screw Threads Taps & Dies Hazardous Waste
- Work is performed in a typical manufacturing plant environment under the following conditions: exposure to heat, cold, oil and coolants, noise, vibration, fumes, dust, high voltage electric current, chemicals and equipment with moving parts.
- The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical requirements include: good vision and hearing; ability to stand and walk, lift and carry 20 to 50 pounds occasionally and/or 10 to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly; stoop, reach for and handle items, pick, pinch or otherwise work with the fingers and use the fingertips to perceive attributes of objects such as size, shape and surface finish.
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search