JOB TITLE: Maintenance Technician
Apply today to work for an outstanding company and grow in your career!
- Quality techs will work 12 hour shift, 6am-6pm or 6pm-6am, 48 hours one week, 36 hours the next. They will mirror Production.
- This job pays $23 hourly.
- DIRECT PLACEMENT
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for ensuring quality control of the finished product and the production process. Additionally, inspecting raw materials, monitoring Critical-to-Quality process controls, and providing training on quality control. The Quality Control Technician must be able to work closely with the production operators & Front-Line Leaders to overcome any quality risks. This position is fundamental in assuring quality products for our customers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take personal ownership to work safely each day and hold other team members to the same high standards of safety.
- Perform product testing and raw materials testing, enter quality data into database.
- Issue and maintain Quality Hold Tickets into database to ensure non-conforming products/raw materials are quarantined.
- Ensure lab equipment is calibrated and maintained.
- Perform random warehouse audits on finished goods.
- Perform special testing for ASTM compliance, as required.
- Analyze data, identify trends, communicate problems, find and implement solutions.
- Monitor inventory of lab equipment, tools and consumables.
- Strong Understanding of the production equipment, critical process variables, and quality risks inherent in our production process.
- Document and update operating procedures as needed.
- Assist with Customer Tours as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining QC lab safe, organized, and clean.
- General Knowledge of site Title V Permit Compliance.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities and support site TPM program.
- Work with personnel from other sites on special projects, best practices, and troubleshooting efforts.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understand metric and English measurement
- Comply with lab safety standards
- Ability to read and understand Technical Manuals and Specification Sheets
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
- Proficiently operate a computer.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft outlook, excel, and word.
- Ability to learn the lab equipment.
- Ability to learn the data entry software.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The employee should possess the ability to:
- Ability to routinely lift up to 40 lbs without assistance
- Ability to routinely lift up to 80 lbs with assistance
- Work for up to 12 hours in extreme hold/cold manufacturing environment
- Walk/stand on concrete floors continuously for up to 12 hours
- Routinely ascend and descend stairs to enter work areas
- Safeguard self with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – steel toed shoes, ear plugs, eye protection (glasses, goggles, and/or facemask) as necessary for task
- Push/Drive floor sweeping and cleaning equipment or tools as necessary for housekeeping duties
- Lifting and carrying (up to 40 lbs) from Auto Catcher to seconds re-wrap or recycle/trash receptacle.
- Ability to rotate and work shift work
Leafstone is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search