JOB TITLE: Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk
Apply today to this exciting opportunity!
- 1-3 years Experience in role.
- Compiles and compares purchase orders, receiving documents, vendor invoices etc, and prepares payments
- Proactive with communication to all parties regarding discrepancies
- Processes and verifies payments to vendors are accurate and timely
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within Accounts Payable
- Performs a variety of tasks for the Finance Department, so flexibility is required
- includes answering phones in absence of receptionist
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be organized and can multitask
- Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Organization, Analyzing Information , Accounting, Vendor Relationships, PC Proficiency, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and general office equipment
- Familiar with ERP system, is a plus
Compiles, classifies, records, verifies, and maintains data and payments to accounts payable and receivable records by performing the following duties:
- Prepares and processes daily cash and credit card deposits and fills out cash control sheet daily.
- Reviews and posts receipts and payments to appropriate ledgers, spreadsheets, records, and databases.
- Prepares, sorts, copies, files, and mails invoices, receipts, checks, correspondence, and other requested items.
- Completes, verifies and audits all data input to ensure accurate and timely payment or processing.
- Prepares accounts payable checks.
- Investigates problems that vendors or purchasing agents have with obtaining payment for bills.
- Researches and processes charge backs, returns, refunds, freight charges, cost of lost or damaged goods, bad checks, and similar items.
- Answers accounts payable and receivable inquiries and follows up. -
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search