Pay: Salary range $65,100 - $97,650
Duration: Direct Hire Role
Location: Atlanta GA (starting off remote)
About the Client:
Our client is one of the world's premier, high-end, luxury, German sportscar companies. They have developed numerous technologies that have advanced vehicle performance, improved safety and spurred environmental innovations within the automotive industry.
Overall responsibility for processing payroll for Porsche employees in North America and Canada, maintaining the Payroll and Human Resource Information System (HRIS) in Paycom. Works across subsidiaries in North America to provide management and maintenance of participants. Responsible for managing the integrity of data within the payroll system by ensuring necessary processes and procedures are in place. Ensure the accuracy of records and guarantee bimonthly disbursement of multi-state and multi-company payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxing employees consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Process biweekly and monthly payrolls for 800+ multi-state exempt and non-exempt employees (US + Canada) including: new hires, terminations, deductions, garnishments, direct deposits + fringe payments, expat taxes + payments.
- Collaborate with global HR Team and Tax Advisors to input periodic expatriate payroll information accurately and timely.
- Assist with the tax equalization process and year-end reconciliations providing compensation details to external tax advisors and maintaining internal balance data.
- Remain current on all expatriate / international payroll tax laws and regulations.
- Define and manage the strategy for the payroll operations function, including timekeeping, payroll, payroll tax, payroll accounting/GL and HRIS systems integration
- Develop and implement best practices, key performance indicators and metrics
- Maintain a payroll risk and crisis management strategy
- Provide the advanced analytical/problem solving skills required for working through root cause analysis of payroll process, system and service delivery issues
- Maintain personnel and benefit information, pay rates, career bands, direct deposits, and federal and state withholding elections in HRIS
- Maintain effective internal controls and proactively work to identify and implement efficiency improvements
- Calculate gross-ups, bi-weekly pay and benefit pro-rations due to termination, leave of absence, new employment or promotions
- Ensure consistency in payroll practices, controls, and management reporting in accordance with established policies and procedures including all legislative compliance requirements
- Analyze and interpret company policies and government regulations that impact the processing of payroll
- Maintain the confidentiality of all payroll, employee and any proprietary information
- Administer health benefits, 401(k), FSA, workers’ comp + commuter programs, as well as drive internal communication + education with internal partners
- Perform biweekly audits to review payroll changes, pay calculations, deduction limits, withholding and earning/deduction code totals
- Responsible for all aspects of year-end processing including, fringe benefits, tax equalization, accurate W-2’s, T4’s, and any corrected forms.
- Respond to auditor requests for payroll processes, user access and reporting
- Issue check requests, request direct deposit reversals and stop payments
- Provide direction regarding the HR/Payroll process for new HR employees such as PAN form completion and processing cut-off dates
- Annually, create the payroll pay calendar with data cut-off dates
- Ensure tax compliance of federal and state tax withholding as well as social security and Medicare withholding for U.S. employees, foreign employees on local contracts and employees with work visas.
- Research and respond to federal and state tax surveys or tax filing inquiries from prior periods and authorize payments and amendments when necessary
- Complete applications for state income and unemployment tax identification numbers
- Manage the UI relationship by responding to unemployment claims, forward all SUI rate notices and quarterly tax reports
- Respond to wage and withholding reporting requests from the Tax Department
- Manage the vendor relationship with Paycom
- Set up earnings, tax and deduction codes with appropriate general ledger accounts and ensure the accurate interface between payroll and finance systems
- Project Management of “add-on” services to the Paycom system
- Primarily responsible for detailed reporting from Paycom for Payroll, HR, Benefits, Tax or Finance purposes
- Import all HR/Benefit/Payroll data into Paycom
- Maintain Time and Attendance and payclass set up
- Manage the employee Time-Off Accruals policy, monthly reporting to Finance and annual reconciliation
- Communicate HRIS system data field changes and system upgrades to users
- Develop materials to train and support users in navigating and utilizing Paycom and Paycom reporting
- Maintain user access
- Record and resolve HRIS technical issues by troubleshooting and documenting the problems for Paycom
- Perform system audits to ensure all data fields are updated and current
- Manage HR/Payroll/Benefit data integrity by ensuring Personnel Action Notices are submitted accurately, necessary data is tracked appropriately in Paycom and determine if new fields are required for historical purposes
- Ensure the NA and Canadian HR systems are set to appropriately pay and withhold deductions and tax in the New Year.
- Responsible for the proper usage, awareness, & compliance with PCNA IT security policies
- Ensure proper retention of electronic documents, business confidential information, and actively demonstrates an understanding of the need to safeguard competitive information in both electronic and non-electronic formats
- Enter the 401K deferrals and loans/limits in Paycom
- Provide Funding for 401K contributions
Limited Supervision: Periodic review of work. Latitude and independent judgment in interpreting policies and procedures
|Education: || |
Bachelor's degree in HR, Business Administration, Finance/Accounting, etc.
(Job and Industry):
- 8+ years Human Resources experience in the area of Payroll & Benefits administration managing complex processes and direct reports.
- Must have 5+ years Payroll systems experience within a corporate environment – preferred experience with web-based payroll systems
- Experience with multi-state Payrolls with both exempt and nonexempt population: experience with international payroll strongly preferred.
- High functioning, working knowledge of relevant payroll related standards, requirements, GAAP regulations and other related requirements.
- Demonstrated success managing complex and competing organizational priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Certified Payroll Professionals (CPP) other recognized payroll certification
- Knowledge of ADP GlobalView, Paycom, and SAP SuccessFactors preferred
- Knowledge of multi-state pay laws and regulations
- Project management, analytical and process orientation skills
- Understanding of employment/labor laws such as FMLA, OSHA, EEO, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel and Word) with preferred exposure to SAP
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search