Corestaff is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a client located in Dallas, TX. This is temp to hire opportunity!
This position is a support function within the overall finance department. This position is responsible for collecting, comparing vendor invoices to issued purchase orders culminating in the payment of appropriate funds to suppliers.
- Obtain supplier invoices, receiving documents and other supporting documentation then examines, codes appropriately, and posts to the accounting system.
- Prepare checks for printing
- Prepare hand checks as needed
- Handle all supplier A/P queries and follow up
- Coordinate and resolves with buyers all cost discrepancies and tracks using a cost discrepancy log.
- Other tasks assigned by financial lead.
- Education- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Finance or Accounting Preferred
- Entry-level position
- Professional Skills
- Proficient computer skills with emphasis on Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to analyze data and draw logical conclusions and recommendations from the data.
- Describe the most important decisions made by this position.
- Most important decisions made fully independently:
- Proper coding of supplier invoices
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search