Our Metal & Alloy client in Northwest Houston is looking for a QC Inspector to join their team. This is a great direct hire opportunity! Position paying up to up $19/hr. DOE. Apply Now!!
Hours 7:00 am to 3:30 pm (Must be available to work weekends)
- Training starts at 5:00a.m.
- High School Diploma or GED required, and will be verified
- 2-5 years inspector or NDE experience required.
- Stable work history required
- Communicates with different levels of people in manufacturing within and outside of the organization.
- Basic computer skills; Microsoft office
- Basic knowledge of inspection techniques
- Knowledge of calibration requirements and non-conformance reporting
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 Standard and auditing practices
- Knowledge of material grade required
- Equipment knowledge required: precision measurement equipment (OD and ID mics, tri-mics), micro-height, profilometer, Rockwell hardness tester, gage maker (choose appropriate rolls and set up independently) use of optical comparator, MU gag
- Dimensionally inspect per specification and requirements customer-specific machined product. Read and interpret machine drawings
- Understands sample plans, requirements of procedures, the importance of documentation and hardness for various material types
- Inspect, test or measure materials, products, installations, or work for conformance to specifications
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers gauges, or micrometers
- Mark items with details such as grade or acceptance-rejection status
- Create NCR
- Notify supervisors or other personnel of production problems
- Collect or select a sample for testing or for use as models
- Write test or inspection reports describing results, recommendations, or needed repairs
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.
your application has been submitted