Warehouse Lead Associate
Corestaff is seeking an experienced Warehouse lead for its flooring client in Austin paying $17/hr.
The ideal individual will:
- have at least 3 years of warehouse experience
- have working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- have great communication skills, both written and verbal
- desire to take on additional responsibility and grow in this position
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Train associates on established warehouse procedures and inventory methods
- In the absence of the Production Manager, acts in his/her behalf in handling customers and employees’ questions & problems
- Assist Production Manager as needed in scheduling work and coordinating contract labor
- Read paperwork to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed or loaded onto trucks
- Sort, place or move product to proper rack, staging area, storage or designated area
- Use forklift and order selector to unload and move product following safety procedures at all times
- Update receiving and delivery tickets
- Maintain all floor covering products and remnant inventory
- Manage inventory audit yearly
- Inspect all product for damage, scan product, properly tag all product
- Keep accurate records of all product received or distributed
- Prepare product for shipment
- Maintain a clean and orderly warehouse area
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a related field
- Forklift Certification preferred
- Floor covering experience preferred
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn and pass driver safety training program, Valid driver' license required
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with many interruptions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Push unassembled product out of location to use a dolly to transport to and from staging area.
- Hand pump pallet jack to transport product that are on pallets. Requires upper body force of 14 lbs.
- Required to stand up to 8 hours
- Must step up a 10 inch step to access forklift
- Must tolerate working environment with inside ambient temperatures, including excessive heat and cold
- Require near, far, depth vision to operate forklift, etc.
- Work overtime as required
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search