Direct Hire - Saw Operator
Direct Hire opportunity with a metals management company! Looking for a skilled Saw Operator to join the growing team. Fantastic long term opportunity providing stability and potential growth! Compensation range from $15 to $17 an hour depending on experience.
2nd shift: 3:30 pm to Midnight
- Install saw blades prescribed for the type of material, set stop gauges, saw speeds and indexing mechanisms such as may be provided for automatic posting of materials: may be required to replace and align band saw blades.
- Position and secure materials on the bed of machine using clamping arrangements or fixturing devices: check pilot piece for dimension.
- Contour cutting on a band saw may require the scribing of cutting lines on material from templates or the setting of radius pins for circular cuts.
- Use scale, square, protractor, templates and samples.
- Handle and transport raw materials, parts, and supplies
- Basic knowledge of hardness testing
- Use micrometers for measuring OD and ID
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic Math skills; knowledge of machines, forklift, set up procedures, operational methods, material identification, and production requirements.
- Able to read a tape measure
- 2-3 years experience setting up and operate power saws (reciprocating, band or circular) to cut material to required lengths or contour in accordance with specifications.
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search