JOB TITLE: Material Handler
Apply today for a chance to grow in your career!
- Steel toes required prior to start
- PAY RATE: $16.50
- Location: Savannah, GA 31404
- Material Handler-Under the general coordination of Senior Associate Packaging, must safely operate equipment to fill containers with finished lube oil and grease lubricants, maintain container inventory, and transfer product containers as necessary.
- Must safely and efficiently operate lift-trucks to unload empty product containers, to load and unload package vans of finished product, following policy and practices while complying with pertinent Federal, State and local regulations.
- Supports Lubricants Division Mission Statement and commitment to Quality policy and Environmental policy.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: In descending order of importance, list the main responsibilities of the position.
- Properly operate equipment to fill barrels, quarter barrels, pails, quart containers and tote bins including required tank, piping, pump and valve alignment; submit product for lab sampling process, monitor for quality control assurance and remain vigilant for environmental exposures.
- Participate in the unloading, inspection and labeling of empty barrels, quarter barrels, pails, quart containers and tote bins from delivery trucks and supply to proper filling locations.
- Following FIFO guidelines place into designated inventory location all filled containers or raw materials used in the filling process, and transfer accumulated flush product to proper destination.
- Process SAP data entry and documentation, print product labels for containers filled at the terminal, process all package-filling related paperwork, and perform required on-line computer-based training.
- Operate industrial lift truck in a safe, efficient and professional manner according to policies and procedures.
- Perform product transfers for required SKU changes, recycle all eligible materials and maintain transfer area, non conforming area, entire filling department and warehouse in a clean and safe condition.
- With proper training, perform monthly preventative maintenance required on barrel, bucket and quart fillers, fill out proper LOTO forms and submit required maintenance documentation on a monthly basis to Team Lead Operations.
- With proper supervision and training, monitoring for quality control and in a safe and efficient manner, assist in all other facets of Lubricant filling operations including but not limited to printing labels for SKU containers filled at the terminal, filling all eligible SKU containers, loading and unloading product components and empty containers, loading and unloading filled packaged product received into or shipped from the terminal, loading and unloading bulk products both into and from the terminal, assisting in the requirements of the blending department, the cleanup and transfer of products and participation in inventory responsibilities and overtime requirements as warranted.
- Safely assist in loading and unloading package vans as required by DOT and company regulations and guidelines.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Team Lead Operations or the Senior Associate of the Packaging/ Filling / Shipping Department.
- Adhere to, support and actively contribute to the VPP and SAFESTART programs.
- Responsible for following the Standard Operating Procedures defined by TS16949 Quality and ISO14001-2004 Environmental systems for the department.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- Comment on the overall complexities of the position by incorporating such information as nature and extent of incumbent’s contacts inside and outside of the organization; limits for authority on matters of expenditures, changing policies, implementing plans; nature and impact of the problems the position must solve; position’s impact relative to company operations.
- Must work and communicate effectively, efficiently and professionally with management, Sr. Associates, co-workers, Transportation and Production Schedulers, Lab personnel, HSEQ Coordinator, and the Coordinator of Inventory Control.
- Must show initiative in problem solving and adjust to varying workload situations, understand all aspects of filling operation and equipment and associated piping and valve systems.
- Must know product line, container sizes, and SKU warehouse location.
- Must know van loading/unloading, safe and efficient lift truck operation, filling, quality control, environmental and safety policies and procedures.
- Check the minimum number of years’ experience and indicate primary type of related experience of knowledge normally required to fulfill the responsibilities of the position in an acceptable manner.
- 0-1 year 2-4 years 5-7 years 8 years or over
Types of related Experience, Knowledge and Education.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience with a thorough knowledge of policies and procedures.
- This position requires annual HAZWOPER Awareness Level Training and Certification.
- No interviews will be held, candidate will be chosen based on resume.
- This is an ASAP start.
- Candidate should already have TWIC.
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search