JOB TITLE: A/P Clerk?
Do you have accounts payable experience? Apply today!
- Number of open positions: 1
- Pay Rate: $22-24 /Hr DOE
- Start Date: ASAP
- Assignment Location: Radnor, PA
The Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist is responsible for daily invoice processing. Under general supervision, the AP Specialist takes ownership of the invoice and approval workflow management process and is accountable for driving process improvements. The AP Specialist provides support to both internal and external customers for all AP inquiries in a manner that is professional and timely.
- Utilizes the functionality of Open Text and SAP to enter invoices into the system.
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Purchase order invoices: Verifies vendor, product, quantity and dollars charged between purchase order information and invoice. Inputs and/or corrects discrepancies as needed. Work with internal contact for any discrepancies
- Non Purchase order invoices: Ensure authorized approval is obtained according to DOA. Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions/ Works with Vendors and suppliers on invoicing and billing process to ensure prompt payment.
- Manages/track various utility payments (e.g. power) to ensure timely payment.
- Pays employees by receiving, verifying and entering expense reports.
- Identifies problematic invoices, researches, and takes action to both resolve and eliminate future occurrences of the issue. Escalates as appropriate.
- Manage all invoices and clear discrepancies utilizing the functionality of Open Text to monitor AP queues and process invoices through the automated process.
- Addresses both internal and external customer based inquiries providing assistance as needed regarding any discrepancies further identifying and recommending a resolution.
- Verifies and applies ancillary charges according to guidelines.
- Verifies sales/use tax in accordance with Divisional guidance.
- Compliance reporting for the Travel Card / Purchasing Card Programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s degree in Business, Accounting or related-field a plus.
- In lieu of degree requirement, consideration for up to 3+ years of additional related experience may be accepted.
- 3 years high volume (manually entering 100+/day) accounts payable experience in a large ERP system is a plus.
- Prior experience with SAP preferred
Knowledge, Skills/ Abilities:
- Knowledge of Google products including but not limited to Gmail, Google Meets and Google Chat a plus
- Proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts and principles.
- Ability to operate in a metric-driven performance environment.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills to include the ability to perform and apply research and data analysis to recommend resolutions and drive continuous improvements.
- Strong organization skills with ability to independently adjust and manage multiple priorities with thoroughness and accuracy.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to adjust communication methods based on customer situations.
- General math skills
- A positive, process-improvement focused approach and willingness to learn coupled with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Exhibits customer focused behavior such as building positive relationships and striving to understand customer needs?
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search