Benefits: (Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage along with 401k plan)
Duration: Long term contract (12 months with yearly renewal)
Location: Atlanta Ga
About the Client:
Corestaff is the official MSP resourcing partner for Porsche Cars North America for contractor positions operating and managing their nationwide contingent workforce program. The Warranty Auditor role is a Corestaff contract position with placement at Porsche Cars North America in Atlanta, GA.
About the Client:
Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA), based in Atlanta, Georgia, is the exclusive importer of Porsche vehicles for the United States.
Established in 1984, it is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, which is headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany. PCNA employs approximately 300 people who provide Porsche vehicles, parts, service, marketing and training for its 189 dealers. They in turn, work to provide Porsche customers with best-in-class experience.
Throughout its 65-plus year history, Porsche has developed numerous technologies that have advanced vehicle performance, improved safety and spurred environmental innovations within the automotive industry. The company continues to celebrate its heritage by adding to its long list of motorsports victories dating back to its first 24 Hours of Le Mans class win in 1951. Today, with more than 30,000 victories, Porsche is recognized as the world's most successful brand in sports car racing.
- Recommend and perform restoration on but not limited to engines, transmissions, body work, electrical, and suspension components consistent with Porsche Classic restoration standards.
- Perform maintenance services such major & minor services and repairs as well as Tire & wheel changes and additional services as necessary consistent with Porsche standards.
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisors.
- Interact as project lead with vehicle owning customers.
- Ability to explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
- Read test reports, accompanying map, maintenance and repair orders; find parts and available materials, Synchronize workflow and coordinate vehicle cycle and put together parts and material, visually check for identity and errors
- Define and determine errors and disorders with the use of customary diagnostic tools or PIWIS diagnostic tools: Set the list of repairs and create performance charts, diagnostic, and error reports
- Create and support cost estimates for repairs including labor time and parts
- Plan work procedures, using charts, technical manuals, and check the quality parameters and completeness of the work carried out on the basis of the content of procedures
- Examine vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunctions.
- Follow checklists to ensure all important parts are examined, including belts, hoses, steering systems, spark plugs, brake and fuel systems, wheel bearings, and other potentially troublesome areas.
- Monitor and work closely with the Classic Team and PEC Workshop Team to achieve the Porsche Classic and Factory Restoration qualitative and quantitative targets (KPIs). Define plans to improve them if necessary
- Perform care and cleaning work according to the plan or as needed of parts, vehicle or work space
- Perform test drives, correct deficiencies, and perform final inspection of vehicles or the assembly; implement safety procedures
- Directs, teaches and guides the work of junior or in-training technicians
- Maintain necessary training to meet Porsche Classic Standards
- Automotive technical degree preferred
- Porsche Gold Master Technician Certification preferred
- Porsche Classic Technician Certification preferred
- 15 years Porsche Technician working experience and Classic Porsche Restoration & Repair
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Fluency in English (oral/written)
- Highly organized, target oriented mindset, works well without close supervision
- Ability to set and meet challenging deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High possession of Porsche passion
- German language a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Classic range of Porsche Vehicles
- Excellent knowledge if Porsche air-cooled engines
- Excellent ability mounting and balancing tires
- Excellent ability in vehicle alignment with Hunter alignment machines
- Proficient in Porsche special tools, service equipment and PIWIS Diagnostic systems
- Proficient in computer skills
- Experience with CDK software desired
- Porsche Classic vehicles
- Porsche engine and transmission repair
- Porsche Classic interior systems
- Porsche Classic electrical systems
- Porsche Classic suspension systems
- Porsche Classic brake systems
- Full Vehicle Restoration
- Full Vehicle Preservation
- Vehicle Alignment
- Tire Mounting and Balancing
- Driving a manual transmission
- Software based work order management and time tracking
- Clean driving record
- Valid Driver’s License
Percentage of required travel:
- Ability to travel internationally
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- Ability to work on engines on engine stand
- Ability to work on cars on hoist lift or on ground
- Ability to drive a manual stick shift transmission
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.